- Delivery Charges (for Grocery/Retailer customers only). Grocery/ Retailer customers will be charged for Standard Delivery of orders that are calculated and charged to You when orders are picked by US (unless paying by Direct Debit when delivery charges are charged when ordered and not picked) as follows:
- Orders of £1,000 and over (excluding tobacco and VAT) will be delivered free of charge;
- orders between £500 and £999.99 (excluding tobacco and VAT) will incur a delivery charge of £25 plus VAT unless agreed otherwise in writing; and
- Orders must be placed online for the ‘Click and Collect’ service where We will pick the order for You and You will have a window of time to collect the order from depot (subject to depot opening hours) or for a delivered order where We will pick the order for You and deliver it to Your store at an agreed delivery time slot (available Monday to Friday). Where You regularly order delivered Goods We will arrange a regular delivery slot with You.
- You must not cancel any order You have placed with us except by giving us reasonable notice in writing. If You fail to do this, Your order will not be cancelled and You will be obliged to pay for it.
- All delivery dates quoted or agreed by Us are estimates and are not of the essence of the contract between Us. Delivery of the Goods shall be completed on the Goods arrival at Your store for delivered orders or when You take possession of the Goods at depot on a ‘Click and Collect’ order or when You have paid for the Goods ‘off the shelf’ in depot.
- All Goods should be examined upon delivery at case level prior to being signed for and (subject to clause 8 below) must be signed for upon delivery/collection. You are expected to retain one copy of the receipt note which You sign. Where You purchase Goods ‘off the shelf’ in depot, You will not have any claim in respect of the Goods once You have left the customer exit/security area.
- Save for faulty electrical Goods that are referred to in clause 3.9 in the event that upondelivery You discover damaged or faulty Goods, Goods that appear to have been tampered with, shortages or an incorrect delivery, You may return such Goods to Us on the vehicle in which they were delivered or at the depot if collected. The annotations or alterations should be noted in the driver’s credit request book (and agreed with Our driver), a copy of which should be retained by You. Upon receipt and checking of returns a credit note will be issued. Damaged or faulty Goods must be returned in their original, unmarked packaging. All cages and tanks must be checked at time of delivery. Damaged, faulty and/or short dated Goods or excesses equivalent to complete case or more must be returned with Our driver. No return may be made in respect of excess of Goods equivalent to less than one complete case and You must pay Us for any such excess. No credit or refunds will be given in respect of excess Goods.
- In the event that upon delivery and/or within 30 days from such date, You discover any faulty electrical Goods then You should notify Us in writing as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of purchase. On notification, You may return to Us such faulty electricalGoods if in their original packaging, unused and not subject to any wear and tear or misuse. We will inspect the electrical Goods and at Our entire discretion decide if a refund, repair or replacement is appropriate. If there are any signs of use, damage, misuse or neglect then We reserve the right not to exchange, refund or replace the faulty item. Any refund or credit given in relation to faulty electrical Goods which have been authorised by Us will be processed within 30 days from inspection for any sum that has been paid by You plus any reasonable associated cost of carriage or postage if applicable and on proof of expense. If a period of 30 days or more has passed since the delivery or purchase of the electrical Goods then such goods including faulty goods will be deemed ‘accepted’ by You and all returns must be processed by You directly with the manufacturer in accordance with any manufacturer warranty. We will not accept claims or be liable for faulty goods that have been deemed to be accepted.
- Goods delivered which are past their “sell by”, “best before”, “use by” or similar date must also be dealt with in accordance with clause 8 or 12 as the case may be.
- In the event of non-arrival of the Goods or if You learn that they have been lost or destroyed in transit, notice from You of this must be received by Us as set out in clause 8 or 12, such notice to be given at the latest the working day after delivery was due.
- In the event that subsequent to the above You discover any further damaged Goods, Goods that appear to have been tampered with, shortages or an incorrect delivery, You must notify Us by phone within one working day of the delivery, setting out full details of damage, apparent tampering, short or incorrect delivery, by way of product description and code. Credit will only be considered by Us where these terms are complied with in full. If notification is not received within 1 working day of the delivery then the Goods shall be deemed to have been properly delivered and accepted. Time and manner of the notification are of the essence.
- In respect of Goods delivered as Drop Shipments, You must carry out Your obligations in 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12 and shall notify the supplier directly of those Goods in respect of any issues or errors. The terms of contract between You and the supplier of Drop Shipment Goods shall be as prescribed by that supplier and in placing any order for Drop Shipment Goods, You agree to observe such terms. The supplier acts as principal in respect of any contract for Drop Shipment Goods.
- We will be liable for all congestion charges incurred as a result of deliveries made within congestion charge zones.
- Bulk Purchases – We reserve the right to refuse delivery of bulk purchases. Bulk purchases may incur additional delivery charges. Contact us for details.
- If You fail to take delivery of the Goods on the delivery date and time or within 2 hours of the ‘Click and Collect’ time then except where such failure or delay is caused by a Force Majeure Event as set out in term 12 or Our failure to comply with Our obligations under the Contract, We may;
a. store the Goods until actual delivery and charge You for the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage; and/or
b. sell or otherwise dispose of part or all of the Goods and charge You for any shortfall below the price of the Goods plus the amount of all reasonable storage and selling costs.
c. When You ‘Click and Collect’ or purchase ‘off the shelf’ at Depot/warehouse then You agree to comply with the Depot Rules including the depot car park.